Here are 10 great things about midlife. Of course, generalizations are always dangerous, and this list of 10 things maynot apply to everyone. Still, I am sure that any “midlifer” will find several that they can relate to.
- Whether you are single or have a partner, the turbulence of early youth is behind you. The relationships you have been building for years are stable and comforting.
- The eat-sleep-poop cycle of parenting is over. Your children are grown enough to require much less physical effort.
- You have a home and you love it. It probably took some time to settle, but now the effort is bringing fruits.
- The pains of growing up and “making something of yourself” are behind you. Maybe you succeeded in your plans, maybe you failed. But you are you and you know that it is going to be OK.
- You have learned that you are going to be OK. Despite the hardships, problems, conflicts, sad and unpleasant moments. You’ve come this far and you will go further.
- You are in better control of your fears. This is one of the great things about midlife. Life has shown you that fear is necessary, but it can be an impediment too. You can distinguish between the two.
- You are at the age when you become friends with your parents, even though you never expected that to happen. Yes, you are still their child, but there is a feeling of mutual understanding between you that was not there before.
- You are not worried whether the glass is half empty or half full, you are more interested in what’s inside it. For me, personally, this one tops the list of great things about midlife.
- You are already enjoying the fruit of your hard work on your career.
- Even if none of the above is true, you know that you can make it happen.
It’s not all just about the crisis when it comes to midlife. There are many really great things about it and this lists shows just some.
What would you add to this?